As a company we have changed a lot since we began in 1996, however our foundational values remain the same.
The Jaybro Story
Jaybro was started by Steve Joyce in early 1996. Steve had been in the construction industry for many years and he identified a need in the marketplace because he experienced
- Paying too much for site consumables
- Being given large catalogues of items from suppliers, but many of them weren’t in stock and the goods would be often delivered several days later
- Waiting days for road and safety signs to be made
- The ongoing frustrations of; calling the suppliers and they would only ask for a part number when he tried to describe the product he was looking for, or worse still, they weren’t even open when he called at 7:00am.
So Steve Joyce started Jaybro from his garage with the commitment to:
- Providing same day delivery to sites.
- Keeping all products in stock in bulk so there were very few back orders – focussing of delivering the order in full the next day.
- Making special signs overnight.
- Ensuring all customer service staff were well trained and had industry experience and knowledge. People that knew the products so they could correctly assist customers on the phone quickly.
- Open the office at 6:30 in the morning so the sites could get their orders in at the start of the day. Today Jaybro still lives by these values servicing civil and building contractors Australia wide.
From humble beginnings to market leader in twenty short years.
- With over 20 years of history. the business has established a reputation in the infrastructure consumerables sector that has made it synonymous with quality, reliability and first class customer service.
- Since the establishment of the Brisbane branch In 2010 (the first site outside of Sydney), the management of jaybro have built the business through both organic and inorganic growth.
- The introduction of world class systems, processes. people and a number of initiatives has made Jaybro a market leading infrastructure consumerables supplier In Australia.