The Jaybro Story
Jaybro was started by Steve Joyce in early 1996. Steve had been in the construction industry for many years and he identified a need in the marketplace because he experienced
- Paying too much for site consumables
- Being given large catalogues of items from suppliers, but many of them weren’t in stock and the goods would be often delivered several days later
- The ongoing frustrations of calling suppliers and they would only ask for a part number when he tried to describe the product he was looking for, or worse still – they weren’t even open when he called at 7:00am.
So Steve Joyce started Jaybro from his garage with the commitment to:
- Providing same day delivery to sites.
- Keeping all products in stock in bulk so there were very few back orders – focussing of delivering the order in full the next day.
- Ensuring all customer service staff were well trained and had industry experience and knowledge. People that knew the products so they could correctly assist customers on the phone quickly.
- Open the office at 6:30 in the morning so the sites could get their orders in at the start of the day. Today Jaybro still lives by these values servicing civil and building contractors Australia wide.
From humble beginnings to market leader in twenty short years.
- With over 20 years of history the business has established a reputation in the infrastructure consumables sector that has made it synonymous with quality, reliability and first class customer service.
- Since the establishment of the Brisbane branch In 2010 (the first site outside of Sydney), the management of Jaybro have built the business through both organic and inorganic growth.
- The introduction of world class systems, processes, people and a number of innovative initiatives has made Jaybro a market leading infrastructure consumables supplier in Australia.
Jaybro founded in Sydney
Brisbane branch opens
Acquired At-Site Supplies
Acquired RMS Road Signs
Acquired Fortress Fencing
Acquired Superior Safety
Acquired Field Works
Acquired Sitework Supplies
Acquired E H Piggott
Acquired Star Safety
Perth branch opens
Jaybro expands into New Zealand
CHAMP Private Equity (now CPE Capital) invests in Jaybro
Acquired Brandwrap New Zealand
Acquired Defender Safety
Acquired Orange Precast
Acquired DBF Tools and Hardware