Print & Artwork Specifications for Banner Mesh
How to provide your artwork for the best result
Jaybro’s banner mesh fabrics are ideal for reproducing your unique logo or design. Our premium mesh is very high quality and made from a closely woven fabric, whilst the open mesh is also high quality, however, has more space between the weave, allowing wind to pass through.
Both types of mesh are good for reproducing high-quality designs, however, we recommend the premium mesh for particularly intricate or complex designs. Its larger surface area allows for higher ink coverage which produces a better result for detailed images.
Whether you plan to supply us with logos and images to produce a design for you or provide ready to print artwork, following these simple artwork guidelines will ensure we can achieve the best print results for your project.
Providing images and logos for Jaybro to design your mesh
If you don’t have a finished artwork image ready and you’d like to supply material for us to create the design for you, please follow these guidelines to expedite the ordering process:
- Supply logos as vector files in .pdf or .eps formats
- All images should ideally be supplied as high-resolution jpeg files at 10% of actual print size at 300dpi.
- If you’d like to add your tag line, words or phrases, please type out the text precisely in an email body or send it attached to an email in a word document.
- If you have a rough idea of how you’d like your mesh design to be laid out, feel free to send us a sketch to work from.
Supplying print ready artwork to Jaybro
- Create your artwork using Illustrator or CorelDraw. Ensure you set up your artwork dimensions at 1:10 scale (10m = 1m).
- Follow these finished size guidelines for the best results.
- For both mesh type materials:
- Maximum trim size: 50 x 2.4m (artwork: 5000 x 240mm)
- Maximum print area: 50 x 2.36m (artwork: 5000 x 236mm)
- For vinyl banners:
- Maximum trim size: 50 x 5m (artwork: 5000 x 500mm)
- Maximum print area: 48 x 5m (artwork: 4800 x 500mm)
- For both mesh type materials:
- No bleed or crop marks should be set.
- Colours should be set to CMYK, unfortunately, RGB or Spot colours are not accepted.
- All images should be embedded into artwork as CMYK .tif files at a minimum of 300dpi and a maximum of 450dpi. Where possible, crop the images to the desired size and avoid scaling of images in the artwork program.
- All text should be converted to paths or outlines, or alternatively, you can provide fonts with the artwork.
- All vector logos should be pasted into the artwork (image based logo files are not accepted).
- Avoid using complex or multiple ‘effects’ on text or graphics. If effects are used, make sure you flatten the layers before saving.
- All artwork should be saved and supplied as an editable .pdf at a minimum of 300dpi
If you provide a print ready file that isn’t set up to the required specifications, we’ll be in touch with you ASAP to suggest amendments so that your project is not delayed.
Are artwork proofs provided?
In both cases we’ll provide a digital proof for you to approve before we begin printing. If you’ve asked our signage team to create your design, we prefer to cap the number of artwork changes to three revisions.
Need help with artwork specifications?
Got a design in mind? Still not sure how to bring it to life? Our signage team is here to help! Our specialist team of banner printing experts can assist with your enquiries. Get in touch with our branding expert Lisa Relf today for more information.
Lisa Relf, Branding Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org